Notice: Function _load_textdomain_just_in_time was called incorrectly. Translation loading for the acf domain was triggered too early. This is usually an indicator for some code in the plugin or theme running too early. Translations should be loaded at the init action or later. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 6.7.0.) in /var/www/asiaplus/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6121

Notice: Function _load_textdomain_just_in_time was called incorrectly. Translation loading for the td-cloud-library domain was triggered too early. This is usually an indicator for some code in the plugin or theme running too early. Translations should be loaded at the init action or later. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 6.7.0.) in /var/www/asiaplus/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6121
Anticorruption agency inspects facilities built during Ubaidulloyev's tenure as mayor of the capital - Asia-Plus | News from Tajikistan, Central Asia and the World

Дорогие читатели!

Мы проводим тестирование нового сайта. Сейчас доступны только свежие материалы за сегодня. Чтобы прочитать архивные материалы, воспользуйтесь кнопкой «Старый сайт».

Старый сайт

Дорогие читатели!

Мы проводим тестирование нового сайта. Сейчас доступны только свежие материалы за сегодня. Чтобы прочитать архивные материалы, воспользуйтесь кнопкой «Старый сайт».

Старый сайт

Anticorruption agency inspects facilities built during Ubaidulloyev’s tenure as mayor of the capital

13
13

The Agency for State Financial Control and Combating Corruption has fulfilled president’s order on investigating use of budgetary funds allocated for construction of facilities in Dushanbe in time, the deputy chief of the Agency for State Financial Control and Combating Corruption, Abdukarim Zarifzoda, told reporters in Dushanbe on July 28.

According to him, the anticorruption agency has inspected 69 facilities for embezzlement of state funds.  “Findings by the anticorruption agency show that overstated expenses have cost the country at 7.8 million somoni,” said Zarifzoda.  “Inspections are under way.”   

Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloyev had served as mayor of Dushanbe for almost two decades before resigning on January 12.  President Emomali Rahmon's eldest son, Rustam Emomali, replaced him as mayor of Dushanbe.

Ubaidulloyev announced on February 7 that he has given up his seat in the Dushanbe’s legislature (Majlis).

Ubaidulloyev made the announcement less than two weeks after the deputy chief of the anticorruption agency, Iliyos Idriszoda, said on January 27 that a preliminary investigation had been launched into possible embezzlement of state funds by staff members during Ubaidulloev's long tenure as mayor of the capital.

Idriszoda told reporters that the investigation was launched after the agency received complaints from several Dushanbe residents who suspected that state funds allocated for the construction of apartment blocks were misused.

He said that the new mayor, Rustam Emomali, had also asked the agency to look into the situation. 

“Even though the mayor’s office is inspected every two years, and the next inspection was due in 2018, the new mayor of Dushanbe submitted a request to the anticorruption agency to check on the mayor’s activities,” the deputy chief of the anticorruption agency, Abdukrim Zarifzoda, told reporters on January 27. 

Meanwhile, President Emomali Rahmon told a February 15 meeting of Dushanbe officials and businessmen that some 100 million U.S. dollars had been misspent in the construction of the Dushanbe Plaza complex and Istiqlol medical center.  The president has tasked his son Rustam Emomali with leading the investigation into what happened to the money.

Concerning funds earmarked for the completion of state-run urban facilities, President Rahmon said that the Dushanbe mayor’s office investigations had revealed that out of a total of 677 million somoni (equivalent to 85 million U.S. dollars) spent on completing 18 separate facilities, around 55 million somoni had been “used improperly.”  An investigation into what happened to this cash should be completed by the anticorruption agency by July, he said. 

Another area of investigation has concerned the government’s “Affordable Housing” project.  This initiative, supported by the Dushanbe mayor’s office, was launched in 2013 and was supposed to lead to the hard-up families moving into new homes by September 2015.  But building work was serially delayed, causing alarm among hopeful homebuyers that had put down deposits.

 

Translations:

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img

Join us on social media!

Новости компаний

Новости компаний

Company News

Asian Express Company resumes bus services connecting Tajik capital to northern part of Tajikistan

Asian Express Company has reportedly resumed bus services connecting...

Tajik private airline signs MoU with Saudi air travel company to develop Dushanbe-Jeddah service

Tajikistan’s privately owned air company Somon Air and Saudi...

Tajik state-run insurance company’s operating license extended for the next five years

The National Bank of Tajikistan (NBT) has extended the...

“Dead souls” found in Tajikistan’s electric power system

The Open Joint-Stock Company (OJSC) Power Distribution Networks has...
spot_imgspot_img

LATEST NEWS