Prosecutor of the Hisor district, Tojiddin Ubaidulloyev, has refused to institute criminal proceedings over the case of the killing of imam of one of local mosques that happened twenty-five years ago.
After checking an application by imam’s son Bahriddin Safaraliyev, an acting chief prosecutor of the Hisor district, Tojiddin Ubaidulloyev, has refused to institute criminal proceedings. In a letter to Bahriddin Safaraliyev, the prosecutor justified his decision by saying that there are no elements of a crime, no witnesses and it is allegedly impossible to carry medical examination of the body as it had “completely decayed.”
Bahriddin Safaraliyev told journalists that he would appeal the prosecutor’s ruling.
Recall, Bahriddin Safaraliyev said in October that Jamoliddin Mansourov, former Deputy Prime Minister of Tajikistan, Jamoliddin Mansourov, who had also served as head of the Hisor district and mayor of Dushanbe in the 1990s, killed his father Rahmon Safaraliyev, who was an imam (a worship leader) of one of mosques in the Hisor district, in late 1992.
It is to be noted that Jamoliddin Mansourov had been the commander of the pro-government Popular Front in the Hisor district in early 1990s.
According to Bahriddin Safaraliyev, Jamoliddin Mansourov, the former head of the criminal investigation section at the Hisor police department Bahrom Suvanov, the former deputy commander of the Popular Front in the Hisor district Lutfullo Rouziyev and the deputy chief of the pretrial detention facility of the Hisor police department Kamoliddin Burhonov were involved in the murder of his father.
In early 1990s, Rahmon Safaraliyev (also known as Hoji Abdurahmon) had worked with the Hisor district waterworks and had been an imam of one of mosques in the Hisor district. On December 30, 1992, he was reportedly taken to the staff of the Popular Front in the Hisor district where he was shot to death.
His son says that the Popular Front militants permitted him to take his father’s body only after he had given them 60,000 Soviet rubles.
The Hisor prosecutor’s office has launched an investigation following an application by Bahriddin Safaraliyev and Jamoliddin Mansourov has already been questioned. Rahmon Safaraliyev’s body was reportedly exhumed on October 5.
Mansourov denies the accusation as absolutely baseless.



