A senior official from Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) said today that individuals linked to Russia, China and Tajikistan were behind a suicide bomb attack on the Chinese Embassy in the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek last month, the RIA Novosti news agency said.
Deputy FSB head Sergei Smirnov said there were "Tajik, Chinese and Russian traces behind the terrorist attack" which he said had been uncovered during an investigation conducted jointly with security services from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
Meanwhile, Kyrgyzstan's security service said last week that the bomb attack on the Chinese Embassy in Bishkek had been ordered by Uighur militants active in Syria and carried out by a member of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement.
Tajikistan’s Interior Ministry says the bomb attack was carried out by ethnic Uighur who had the Tajik passport issued to Zoir Khalilov, a 33-year-old resident of the Tajik northern city of Panjakent.
Two Tajik passports issued to Zoir Khalilov and a 21-year-old resident of Khatlon’s Balkhi district, Firdavs Bobojonov, were reportedly found at the terrorist attack site.
According to the Tajik Interior Ministry, Bobojonov and Khalilov, who are currently fighting alongside Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria, have been put on the international wanted list.
Recall that a car driven by a suicide bomber exploded after ramming the gates of the Chinese embassy in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, on August 30. The suicide bomber died and three embassy employees, all Kyrgyz nationals, were injured.
The vehicle reportedly smashed through the gates and exploded in the center of the compound, close to the ambassador's residence.



