Tajik government intends to revoke hydrocarbon prospecting license from Tajik-US JV

DUSHANBE, April 14, 2010, Asia-Plus /Payrav Chorshanbiyev/ — The Government of Tajikistan intends to revoke a hydrocarbon prospecting license from the Tajik-U.S company, TojAm, Azim Ibrohim, the head of the Main Geology Directorate, told reporters in Dushanbe on April 13. According to him, all documents necessary for revocation of the license have been prepared and […]

root

DUSHANBE, April 14, 2010, Asia-Plus /Payrav Chorshanbiyev/ — The Government of Tajikistan intends to revoke a hydrocarbon prospecting license from the Tajik-U.S company, TojAm, Azim Ibrohim, the head of the Main Geology Directorate, told reporters in Dushanbe on April 13.

According to him, all documents necessary for revocation of the license have been prepared and they will be submitted to the relevant structures in the near future.

Mr. Ibrohim also expressed dissatisfaction with activity of the Singaporean company Marvis, which is also engaged in prospecting for oil and gas in Tajikistan.  “Although this company has rehabilitated the Qizil-Tumshuq gas field in Khatlon province, it has not yet launched seismic survey at the Qarordon (Qumansgir district in Khatlon) and Guldara (Baljuvon district in Khatlon) gas fields,” said Ibrohim, “We have already warned the company that such an approach to work may change our attitude to them.”

In the meantime, he gave high praise to activities Zarubezhneftegaz (subsidiary of Russia’s Gazprom), Canada’s Tethys Tajikistan Limited and Tajik-Swiss company Somn Oil in the country.  “These companies are carrying out seismic and exploration operations at quite a good pace,” Ibrohim said. 

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана

Most Read

Recent Articles

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.

What did the victims of the mudslide in Kulob receive?

A correspondent from "Asia-Plus" spoke with several families affected by the natural disaster in Kulob.

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.

Seven threats to water, land, and the future of Central Asia

From water scarcity and glacier melting to air pollution and food risks — Central Asia must seek ways to jointly address these issues.

Uzbekistan to raise electricity and gas rates

Electricity for the population in Uzbekistan will become more expensive than in Tajikistan, but relative to income, the burden on families in the neighboring republic is lower.

‘Asia-Plus is a positive image of Tajikistan and a tool for forming a full-fledged nation’ says Tajik scientist

A Tajik diplomat explained the significance of "Asia-Plus" for the government and why it should be bold.

The Taliban officially legalize child marriages: a bride’s silence is now considered a sign of consent

The new law allows marriages of underage boys and girls, and even not the closest relatives can negotiate the conclusion of such a marriage.