Statements by representatives of the Supreme Court demonstrate that hearing outcome already predetermined

DUSHANBE, April 13, 2010, Asia-Plus – Statements by representatives from the Supreme Court demonstrate that the outcome of the hearing for a lawsuit against the Dushanbe weeklies Asia-Plus , Farazh and Ozodagon is already predetermined, a statement released by the weeklies on April 13 says. An article by three judges from the Supreme Court (Mr. […]

Asia-Plus

DUSHANBE, April 13, 2010, Asia-Plus – Statements by representatives from the Supreme Court demonstrate that the outcome of the hearing for a lawsuit against the Dushanbe weeklies

Asia-Plus

,

Farazh

and

Ozodagon

is already predetermined, a statement released by the weeklies on April 13 says.

An article by three judges from the Supreme Court (Mr. Sh. Azimov, Ms. L. Qobilova, and Ms. S. Kholova) published in

Asia-Plus

on March 31 claims that separate media have allegedly launched campaign to discredit the country’s judicial system.  Such statements by powerful judges give us reason to say that the hearing outcome is already predetermined, the statement said.

The First Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Court, Anvarjon Yusupov, went in and stated in his interview with

Crime-Info

that “violating norms of law, separate media – the newspapers

Asia-Plus

,

Farazh

and

Ozodagon

– have broken a campaign aimed at discrediting the sentence and recalling it through publication of illegal statements by former prosecutor-general, public prosecutor, lawyer S Jourayev, etc.”  According to him, the judges applied to court for protection of their “… professional and human honor and dignity…and the main violation made by the media is the fact that they were tied to the chariot of lawyer Jourayev, who deliberately deluded them.” 

According to respondents, an unprecedented pressure is being made on the presiding judge Amriddin Safoyev.  Besides, the court has not adopted a written decision on applications made by them, the statement said.

“All this gives us the right to speak about the out-of-law situation that emerged around the lawsuit filed against us,” the statement said.

The editors are currently considering the issue of filing lawsuits against the first deputy chairman of the Supreme Court A. Yusupov and three judges from the Supreme Court who permit themselves to make illegal and insulting statements against media and thereby making pressure on the presiding judge, according to the statement.

“We are ready to uphold our positions and if necessary, we will appeal to international judicial bodies in order to prove that not we but judges themselves discredit the country’s judicial system, using law in their own interests,” the statement said. 

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол

Most Read

Recent Articles

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.

Seven threats to water, land, and the future of Central Asia

From water scarcity and glacier melting to air pollution and food risks — Central Asia must seek ways to jointly address these issues.

Uzbekistan to raise electricity and gas rates

Electricity for the population in Uzbekistan will become more expensive than in Tajikistan, but relative to income, the burden on families in the neighboring republic is lower.

‘Asia-Plus is a positive image of Tajikistan and a tool for forming a full-fledged nation’ says Tajik scientist

A Tajik diplomat explained the significance of "Asia-Plus" for the government and why it should be bold.

The Taliban officially legalize child marriages: a bride’s silence is now considered a sign of consent

The new law allows marriages of underage boys and girls, and even not the closest relatives can negotiate the conclusion of such a marriage.