Clinton plans to visit Moscow for Mideast quartet meeting

The U.S. State Department has confirmed that Secretary of State Hilary Clinton is going to attend the upcoming Mideast quartet meeting in Moscow, which will take place amid growing tensions in the region. The meeting of the Quartet of international mediators in Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which comprises Russia, the United States, the European Union and […]

RIA Novosti

The U.S. State Department has confirmed that Secretary of State Hilary Clinton is going to attend the upcoming Mideast quartet meeting in Moscow, which will take place amid growing tensions in the region.

The meeting of the Quartet of international mediators in Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which comprises Russia, the United States, the European Union and the United Nations, will be held in Moscow on March 19.

“I think she”s planned to be – I don”t have a formal trip announcement to make, but she”s planning to be in Moscow next week for the Quartet meeting, as was announced by Foreign Minister Lavrov,” the U.S. State Department spokesman, Philip J. Crowley, said during a press briefing on Wednesday.

Earlier this week, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told journalists he intended to hold bilateral talks with representatives of all Quartet members, including the U.S. secretary of state, during the meeting in Moscow. He said the agenda of the talks, along with the Middle East settlement, would also include other issues.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is also expected to attend the Quartet meeting.

The Middle East peace process made progress earlier this month, when the Palestinian authorities agreed to hold indirect peace talks with Israel mediated by the United States after a 14-month break.

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол
Оби зулол

Most Read

Recent Articles

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.

What did the victims of the mudslide in Kulob receive?

A correspondent from "Asia-Plus" spoke with several families affected by the natural disaster in Kulob.

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.

Seven threats to water, land, and the future of Central Asia

From water scarcity and glacier melting to air pollution and food risks — Central Asia must seek ways to jointly address these issues.

Uzbekistan to raise electricity and gas rates

Electricity for the population in Uzbekistan will become more expensive than in Tajikistan, but relative to income, the burden on families in the neighboring republic is lower.

‘Asia-Plus is a positive image of Tajikistan and a tool for forming a full-fledged nation’ says Tajik scientist

A Tajik diplomat explained the significance of "Asia-Plus" for the government and why it should be bold.

The Taliban officially legalize child marriages: a bride’s silence is now considered a sign of consent

The new law allows marriages of underage boys and girls, and even not the closest relatives can negotiate the conclusion of such a marriage.