Tajik Supreme Court considers 18 criminal proceedings in Q110

DUSHANBE, April 16, 2010, Asia-Plus — Over the first three months of this year, the Supreme Court of the country has considered 18 criminal proceedings instituted against 85 persons, the Supreme Court chairman Nusratullo Abdulloyev told reporters in Dushanbe today. “Damming verdicts have been passed on 17 cases instituted against 84 persons and one case […]

/Nargis Hamroboyeva

DUSHANBE, April 16, 2010, Asia-Plus — Over the first three months of this year, the Supreme Court of the country has considered 18 criminal proceedings instituted against 85 persons, the Supreme Court chairman Nusratullo Abdulloyev told reporters in Dushanbe today.

“Damming verdicts have been passed on 17 cases instituted against 84 persons and one case has been remitted for further examination,” Abdulloyev said, adding that 51 of 84 convicted have been sentenced to imprisonment and the remaining 33 convicted have been fined.

Over the report period, the appeals court of the Supreme Court have considered appeals over 63 criminal cases instituted against 148 people and upheld verdicts on 32 cases instituted against 76 people, the Supreme Court chairman noted.  “Changes have been made to 23 verdicts against 76 people and eight verdicts against 12 people have been annulled,” he added.

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана

Most Read

Recent Articles

Dushanbe to be protected from heat and floods

A project costing more than $10 million is set to modernize the capital's water supply, reduce flood risks, and prepare the city for climate changes.

The price per square meter of housing in Vahdat increases by almost 28% – Somon.tj

According to Somon.tj analytics, suburbs and regional cities are starting to grow faster than the capital, and the volume of offers in Dushanbe has reached record levels.

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.

What did the victims of the mudslide in Kulob receive?

A correspondent from "Asia-Plus" spoke with several families affected by the natural disaster in Kulob.

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.

Seven threats to water, land, and the future of Central Asia

From water scarcity and glacier melting to air pollution and food risks — Central Asia must seek ways to jointly address these issues.