U.S. reserves right to launch preemptive strike on Iran, says U.S. Secretary of State

The United States may carry out a preemptive strike if it perceives an imminent threat from Iran against American forces in the region, U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio stated, according to RIA Novosti. “The President always reserves the right to take preemptive defensive action,” Rubio said on January 28 during his testimony before the […]

Asia-Plus

The United States may carry out a preemptive strike if it perceives an imminent threat from Iran against American forces in the region, U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio stated, according to RIA Novosti.

“The President always reserves the right to take preemptive defensive action,” Rubio said on January 28 during his testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He reportedly expressed hope that such an action would not be necessary, but emphasized that Washington considers the threat of Iranian attacks to be real, given that American military bases are within range of Iran’s weaponry. As a result, he stated that the U.S. is looking at the current situation as an opportunity to deploy sufficient forces in the region to protect itself from a "potential threat."

Earlier in the day, President Donald Trump confirmed that an American naval armada, led by the aircraft carrier “Abraham Lincoln,” is heading toward Iran. He warned that Iran could face an even more devastating attack than the one it experienced in June of the previous year, urging the country to "avoid a repeat" of those events.

According to Fox News, on Monday, a strike group led by the “Abraham Lincoln” entered the area of responsibility for U.S. Central Command in the Indian Ocean.

Meanwhile, the Middle East Eye reported that this week, the U.S. may carry out pinpoint strikes against Iranian officials and commanders believed to be responsible for the deaths of protesters.

 

 

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол
Tenisi

Most Read

Recent Articles

Eskhata Bank launches a unique offer for female entrepreneurs of Tajikistan

The bank offers a loan on special, reduced, and flexible terms, including collateral security.

FINCA Tajikistan expands support for women’s business

The company's management emphasizes that this award is the result of the professionalism and dedication of the "Klubi Bonuvoni FINCA" team.

Central Asia in Beijing’s focus: what are the interests of the Celestial Empire in the region and Tajikistan?

Against the backdrop of global rivalry, China is strengthening its influence in Central Asia, and Tajikistan is becoming one of Beijing's key partners in the region.

The number of marriages and divorces decreases in Tajikistan

The highest number of marriages and divorces occurs in the Sughd Region.

Tajikistan improves its position in the budget transparency ranking

The level of government financial transparency still remains below the international standard.

Wildberries invites entrepreneurs of Tajikistan to business meeting in Dushanbe

Participants will be able to learn about opportunities for entering the largest marketplace, online sales tools, and the prospects for e-commerce development in the region.