Russia declares an Easter truce, Ukraine ready to support

The truce will be in effect for two days.

Asia+

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “Easter truce” that will be in effect from 16:00 on April 11 until the end of the day on April 12, the Kremlin reported.

Under his directive, Russian military forces are to “cease hostilities in all directions.”

“Instructions have been given to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Andrey Belousov, and the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation – Commander of the Joint Group of Forces (troops) General of the Army Valery Gerasimov to cease hostilities in all directions during this period. The troops should be ready to counter any possible provocations from the opponent, as well as any of their aggressive actions,” the statement said.

“We assume that the Ukrainian side will follow the example of the Russian Federation,” the Kremlin added.

Earlier, Volodymyr Zelensky announced Ukraine’s readiness to cease fire during the celebration of Orthodox Easter, which is observed this year on April 12.

The President of Ukraine stated in response to Putin’s decision that the Armed Forces of Ukraine will cease fire on Easter, writes Meduza.

“Ukraine has repeatedly stated that we are ready for reciprocal measures. This year, we proposed a ceasefire for the duration of the Easter holidays and will act accordingly. People need an Easter without threats,” Zelensky said.

According to him, Ukraine has repeatedly expressed its readiness for reciprocal steps and expects “real progress towards peace,” emphasizing that Russia has the opportunity not to resume strikes after the holidays.

In 2025, Putin had already declared a unilateral Easter truce for a duration of one and a half days. At that time, the sides accused each other of numerous violations, although the intensity of hostilities noticeably decreased during this period.

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол

Most Read

Recent Articles

By 2034, Central Asia will be more dependent on food imports

The population of the region will have increased by 14.5% by that time.

Somon Air expected to receive new Boeing-737 aircraft as early as the summer of 2026

Expanding the fleet with modern aircraft will improve the quality of passenger service and increase the route network.

Unexplored Khatlon: little-known treasures of southern Tajikistan

We will talk about interesting and unique places that have not yet become objects of mass tourist visits but have all the chances to become so.

Tajik citizens reminded of new entry requirements for travel to Russia

And about registration through the RuID mobile application

Who Most Frequently Takes Bribes in Tajikistan’s Healthcare Sector?

A large-scale survey showed that maternity hospitals most often demand bribes.

New routes and bright impressions: the Second Domestic Tourism Development Festival held in Tajikistan

As part of the festival, a correspondent from "Asia-Plus" set off on the tourist route Dushanbe — Rasht.