Kulob authorities begin to reregister local monuments

KULOB, March 10, 2010, Asia-Plus  — Local authorities of Khatlon’s Kulob zone have begun to reregister local monuments. According to the Kulob culture department head Khairullo Tohirov, it is the first re-registration of monuments over the past five years.  “We will reregister all cultural and historical relics, monuments and memorials,” said Tohirov.  “As of 2005, […]

Turko Dikayev

KULOB, March 10, 2010, Asia-Plus  — Local authorities of Khatlon’s Kulob zone have begun to reregister local monuments.

According to the Kulob culture department head Khairullo Tohirov, it is the first re-registration of monuments over the past five years.  “We will reregister all cultural and historical relics, monuments and memorials,” said Tohirov.  “As of 2005, 215 monuments were registered in the Kulob zone and we have to find out how many monuments remain here and in what state they are?”

Three monuments to Lenin (two in Kulob and one in Hamadoni district) have already been dismantled and 15 monuments to Lenin, two monuments to Karl Marx and one monument to Shatalov now remain in the area.

“The Kulob monuments register includes a nearly 800,000-year-old primitive man’s site in Khovaling district, archeological site Zoli Zar in Farkhor district and many other cultural and historical relics,” said Tohirov, “Besides, many monuments and busts of representatives of the Popular Front appeared in the region after the civil war.”

He added that monuments that had not been approved by the expert commission for preservation of relics would be just registered but they would not be put on the monument register.  

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Оби зулол
Оби зулол
Дидитал Бизнез Астана

Most Read

Recent Articles

“I sold ny daughter to a relative”: hunger in Afghanistan forces families to make extreme decisions

In Afghanistan, the humanitarian crisis is worsening: due to unemployment, drought, and reduced aid, thousands of families are unable to provide themselves with food.

Dushanbe to be protected from heat and floods

A project costing more than $10 million is set to modernize the capital's water supply, reduce flood risks, and prepare the city for climate changes.

The price per square meter of housing in Vahdat increases by almost 28% – Somon.tj

According to Somon.tj analytics, suburbs and regional cities are starting to grow faster than the capital, and the volume of offers in Dushanbe has reached record levels.

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.

What did the victims of the mudslide in Kulob receive?

A correspondent from "Asia-Plus" spoke with several families affected by the natural disaster in Kulob.

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.