Dushanbe clothing factory begins sewing sportswear under the Umbro brand

The Dushanbe-based clothing factory “Guliston” has made its contribution to the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.  The factory has recently sent a large consignment of sportswear with internationally known brand of Umbro to Russia. “Guliston” has begun sewing sportswear under the Umbro brand, the factory director Dilshod Begov told Asia-Plus in […]

Asia-Plus

The Dushanbe-based clothing factory “Guliston” has made its contribution to the preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.  The factory has recently sent a large consignment of sportswear with internationally known brand of Umbro to Russia.

“Guliston” has begun sewing sportswear under the Umbro brand, the factory director Dilshod Begov told Asia-Plus in an interview.

“We have been cooperating with foreign companies since last year and we have taken orders since the end of the last year,” Begov noted.  

According to him, their main achievement was to receive permission to sew sportswear under the Umbro brand.  

“Negotiations on this subject have been conducted for several months and we have managed to prove that our specialists can sew sportswear under the Umbro brand qualitatively in accordance with international standards and the demands of this company,” “Guliston” top manager noted.  

Umbro is an English sportswear and football equipment supplier based in Manchester, England.  Umbro designs, sources, and markets football-related apparel, footwear, and equipment.  Its products are sold in over 90 countries worldwide.  Since 2012, the company has been a subsidiary of American company Iconix Brand Group

Recall, the clothing factory Guliston was privatized by Ukrainian billionaire Dmitry V. Firtash in 2002, when the jailed Tajik tycoon Zayd Saidov was Minister of Industry of Tajikistan and representatives of the anticorruption agency note that Zayd Saidov allegedly promoted illegal privatization of the enterprise using his official status.

Firtash reportedly assumed the 95% ownership interest and Zayd Saidov’s son, Khairullo Saidov, owned 5 percent of shares in this enterprise

Firtash was arrested in Vienna on March 12, 2014, and released on a 125 million Euro bail two days later.

Following Firtash’s arrest, Tajikistan’s anticorruption agency charged him on March 15, 2014 with the illegal privatization of the clothing factory “Guliston”.

The anticorruption agency argued that Zayd Saidov had been involved in the fraudulent privatization of the clothing factory.

On April 2, 2014, Dushanbe’s Economic Court invalidated privatization of Closed Joint-Stock Company (CJSC) “Guliston” on the basis of a suit filed by the Agency for State Financial Control and Combating Corruption.  The court ruled that the enterprise must be handed over to the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies.    ,

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол
Оби зулол

Most Read

Recent Articles

The U.S. Senate votes to limit Trump’s military powers

Trump may need Congress's approval to continue the war with Iran.

EADB to finance the construction of the Labijar — Qalaikhumb highway in Tajikistan

The funds allocated by the bank will be used to construct 10 kilometers of road and three bridges.

“I sold ny daughter to a relative”: hunger in Afghanistan forces families to make extreme decisions

In Afghanistan, the humanitarian crisis is worsening: due to unemployment, drought, and reduced aid, thousands of families are unable to provide themselves with food.

Dushanbe to be protected from heat and floods

A project costing more than $10 million is set to modernize the capital's water supply, reduce flood risks, and prepare the city for climate changes.

The price per square meter of housing in Vahdat increases by almost 28% – Somon.tj

According to Somon.tj analytics, suburbs and regional cities are starting to grow faster than the capital, and the volume of offers in Dushanbe has reached record levels.

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.