Afghanistan bans coverage of Taliban attacks

Afghanistan on Monday announced a ban on news coverage showing Taliban attacks, saying such images embolden the Islamist militants, who have launched strikes around the country as NATO forces seize their southern strongholds. The announcement came on a day when the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) fighting the Taliban reported six of its service […]

Reuters

Afghanistan on Monday announced a ban on news coverage showing Taliban attacks, saying such images embolden the Islamist militants, who have launched strikes around the country as NATO forces seize their southern strongholds.

The announcement came on a day when the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) fighting the Taliban reported six of its service members had been killed in various attacks.

Journalists will be allowed to film only the aftermath of attacks, when given permission by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) spy agency, the agency said. Journalists who film while attacks are under way will be held and their gear seized.

“Live coverage does not benefit the government, but benefits the enemies of Afghanistan,” NDS spokesman Saeed Ansari said. The agency summoned a group of reporters to announce the ban.

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол
Оби зулол
Tenisi

Most Read

Recent Articles

Heavy rains and mudflows expected in Tajikistan

The Hydrometeorological Agency warns of rising water levels in rivers.

The U.S. Senate votes to limit Trump’s military powers

Trump may need Congress's approval to continue the war with Iran.

EADB to finance the construction of the Labijar — Qalaikhumb highway in Tajikistan

The funds allocated by the bank will be used to construct 10 kilometers of road and three bridges.

“I sold ny daughter to a relative”: hunger in Afghanistan forces families to make extreme decisions

In Afghanistan, the humanitarian crisis is worsening: due to unemployment, drought, and reduced aid, thousands of families are unable to provide themselves with food.

Dushanbe to be protected from heat and floods

A project costing more than $10 million is set to modernize the capital's water supply, reduce flood risks, and prepare the city for climate changes.

The price per square meter of housing in Vahdat increases by almost 28% – Somon.tj

According to Somon.tj analytics, suburbs and regional cities are starting to grow faster than the capital, and the volume of offers in Dushanbe has reached record levels.