Two women injured in today’s gas blast in Dushanbe

DUSHANBE, November 20, 2008, Asia-Plus  — Today’s gas blast has left two women with injuries, according to the Republican Burn-Treatment Center in Dushanbe. The source at the burn-treatment facility said two women, the 74-year-old Valentina Gerdey and the 49-year-old Marina Kleimenova, with repertory tracts affection had been brought the center.  “They are currently in serious […]

Avaz Yuldoshev

DUSHANBE, November 20, 2008, Asia-Plus  — Today’s gas blast has left two women with injuries, according to the Republican Burn-Treatment Center in Dushanbe.

The source at the burn-treatment facility said two women, the 74-year-old Valentina Gerdey and the 49-year-old Marina Kleimenova, with repertory tracts affection had been brought the center.  “They are currently in serious health condition,” the source said.  

As it had been reported earlier, quite a powerful blast, caused by gas escape, rocked the center of Dushanbe Thursday morning.  

According to witnesses, the explosion occurred on the third floor of an apartment building, 93/1 Roudaki Avenue, at around 7:30 a.m.  Fire caused by the blast seriously damaged the apartment.  The fire was extinguished quite quickly.  The blast caused no structural damage to other apartments and neighboring buildings, the source at the firefighting directorate said.  

Join us on social media!

Article translations:

Related Article

Дидитал Бизнез Астана
Оби зулол
Оби зулол

Most Read

Recent Articles

Dushanbe to be protected from heat and floods

A project costing more than $10 million is set to modernize the capital's water supply, reduce flood risks, and prepare the city for climate changes.

The price per square meter of housing in Vahdat increases by almost 28% – Somon.tj

According to Somon.tj analytics, suburbs and regional cities are starting to grow faster than the capital, and the volume of offers in Dushanbe has reached record levels.

Tajikistan proposes to hold International Markhor Day in Dushanbe in 2027

Tajikistan informed the UN that the population of the markhor in the country has increased from 300 to over 7,000 individuals and proposed to hold the International Markhor Day in 2027 in Dushanbe.

What did the victims of the mudslide in Kulob receive?

A correspondent from "Asia-Plus" spoke with several families affected by the natural disaster in Kulob.

A suspect in violence against a minor detained in Dushanbe

A previously convicted suspect lured a teenager into a basement and subjected him to violence.